What makes positivity so important?
A positive attitude is important for a great many reasons. Having a positive attitude helps you cope more easily with the responsibilities of everyday life and helps to relieve stress and strengthen personal relationships. A positive attitude will help you to avoid worrying unnecessarily and will enhance your physical and mental well-being.
We have all had to deal with a ‘Negative Nelly‘ at one time or another throughout our lives. A Negative Nelly is that person who is always full of complaints and is never satisfied with anything that happens in their life. If you have ever been around a ‘Negative Nelly‘ for an extended period of time you know how draining this type of person can be an effect they can have on your own level of positivity. Negativity is exhausting, it takes a ton of effort and it doesn’t do one bit of good for anyone.
Having a positive attitude is actually quite easy to achieve. It consists mainly of being aware of your thoughts, actions, and reactions and making the choice to do what makes you feel good. Even with its simplicity, the benefits of being positive are endless.
Benefits of Positivity:
- A positive attitude helps you to achieve your goals.
- It strengthens personal relationships and makes people more comfortable around you.
- Positivity creates a greater level of happiness and a more fulfilling life.
- Positive thinking and a positive attitude will give you more physical and mental energy.
- Positivity will give you inner strength.
- Being positive will help you inspire others and yourself.
- Positivity helps to lower stress levels and makes difficult situations easier to handle.
- A positive attitude will help you gain the respect of co-workers, friends, family, and strangers.
Having a positive attitude and living in a positive way can change your entire life. I bet you are wondering exactly how one gains a positive attitude and lives a positive life? The answer is simple, by choice…
How to be More Positive:
- Make a choice: Happiness is not a place, object, or situation, it is a state of mind and it is a choice you make for yourself.
- See the lessons in every situation: By seeing the bright side of every situation and taking each moment as a lesson learned you will greatly improve your positive outlook and avoid a great deal of stress. There is a silver lining in every single cloud, seek it out.
- Look for the little things: Each and everyday look for something that will make you smile. There are a million little things in life that will easily put a smile on your face or remind you that you have much to be grateful for. Find a few of these things each day and take the time to appreciate them, even if just for a moment.
- Demolish doubt: Doubt, in any form, is a negative emotion. Erase doubt by keeping faith in yourself, and the world, and by knowing that everything happens for a reason. Each time you catch yourself doubting something turn that doubt into a positive thought and remind yourself that even the worst situations provide a lesson to be learned.
- Practice positivity: Negative thinking is something that is learned over time, it is a bad habit, just like smoking or biting your nails. The only way to truly rid yourself of this habit is to practice and be persistent, you can do this by paying attention to your thoughts, correcting negative reactions, and finding things to be thankful for each day.
- Follow a lead: Role models and mentors are used for many different roles in life. Finding someone to model your career, home, style, and family around can be very inspiring and help you o learn a great deal. Find someone positive that you admire and follow their lead. Having a role model, or even the support of a positive friend can be helpful in keeping you positive. There is nothing wrong with asking for help and having a good support system is part of living a positive life. It is also important to surround yourself with positive people if you hope to be more positive.
The ‘Negative Nelly’s’ of the world and how draining they can be, people like this can test (and sometimes even destroy) all of the hard work you have spent moving towards positive living. It is important that you distance yourself from these ‘negative’ type people as much as possible, and if you can not distance yourself (say they are your partner, parent, or child) then you must work hard to learn how to deal with them without becoming negative yourself.
- Educate yourself: Read, watch, and research as much as you can about the benefits of positivity and ways you can incorporate it into your life. The more you know the more likely you are to utilize this knowledge. The internet, the library, and even magazines are great sources of information, with the popularity and interest in the Law of Attraction since the release of "The Secret" articles and information about the benefits of positive living are readily available and easy to access.
- Get inspired: Quotes, Stories, and Photos are a great way to inspire yourself to achieve your goals and keep a positive outlook on life.
Take a moment to seek out things that inspire you and look at them regularly to remind yourself who you want to be, and what you hope to achieve. Inspiration can come in any form and does not have to be a story, photo, or quote, perhaps you would be inspired by writing your own thoughts, quotes, or stories. Maybe a short walk or a relaxing moment in a favorite place is what will inspire you. It doesn’t matter how you get inspired, the main point of finding this inspiration is to help you relax and remember all the good things that life has to offer.
- Associate affirmations: Some people enjoy using affirmations to promote positivity. Affirmations are simply a declaration of something that is true. People use affirmations by either speaking them aloud, writing them down, or posting them where they will be seen regularly to remind themselves of the positive things in their life. Some examples of positive affirmations include; I rejoice in the love I encounter every day, When I believe in myself so do others, I am perfect just the way I am, I am at peace, I trust that everything will be just fine.
Some people use affirmations that confirm the goal they are aiming to achieve, and many do this by acting as if they have already achieved this goal.
For example, I am the ideal weight for me, I attract only healthy relationships, I am successful in my career, etc…Affirmations are a great way to remind yourself what you are aiming to achieve and that which you have already accomplished. They are also useful in pointing out the little positives that are always around us in our lives.
- Master meditation: Meditation is about enjoying the silence and letting go of the burdens of the day, you can do this in any place, at any time, in any way you feel comfortable. Research meditation online for useful tips, helpful instructions, or tools that can help you to relax. Otherwise, another option is simply just to find a quiet place and let your mind, body, and soul relax clearing your mind of any clutter and focusing simply on being at peace.
There are literally hundreds of ways to incorporate positivity into your daily life, and those listed above are just a few simple suggestions. No one is expected to do all of these things, all of the time, but taking the time to do what you can make a huge difference in your overall level of positivity.
© Inspired Every Moment