Those who are successful share a set of habits that help make them the successes they are. Do you have these habits? Use this checklist to check off the ones you already have and practice the ones you wish to develop. Soon, you’ll find yourself building your own success!
1. Organize. One of the most common habits of successful people is that they are organized. This allows them to plan ahead and to set priorities and goals for themselves. Create a “To-do list” each night before bed, so that you know what tasks need to be completed the next day.
2. Relax. To prepare themselves mentally for the work yet to come, successful people tend to use meditation to relax before a task. You can achieve a similar state by making a conscious effort to concentrate on your own breathing for 3-5 minutes.
3. Take action. An important habit - and a natural progression from the planning stage (for those who are successful) - is to take action. Once you make a plan, you must put it into action. Otherwise, the plan is only a dream.
4. Take personal care of yourself. Successful people take good care of themselves, making sure to eat nutritious foods, get regular exercise, and maintain good hygiene.
5, Have a positive attitude. Thinking positively will help you overcome any obstacles in your way.
6. Network. Sometimes it’s not what you know but who you know that’s important. When you network, you’ll be able to exchange ideas and expertise with others. There’s a lot of value in collaboration and teamwork. Networking gives you this opportunity.
7. Be frugal. With practice, you will become thrifty with both your money and resources. This habit of becoming economical will lead to an increase in efficiency and a reduction in waste. Successful people negotiate to get the best deals possible, saving them money in the process.
8. Rise early. The more time you are able to devote to being successful, the more likely you are to be successful. This means sacrificing sleeping in, but it will be worth it.
9. Share the wealth. Whether it is donating to a charity, or sharing what they have learned, successful people share. You can too!
10. Read each day. Reading is an important way of gaining vital knowledge and insight, and successful people read each day. Even a little at a time adds up!
11. Avoid time-wasters. Rather than wasting time on unproductive tasks like social media and watching Netflix, successful people prioritize their time doing productive tasks. What is your highest priority? How can you achieve it?
12. Consider challenges as gifts. Rather than letting a potential problem get them down, they see a challenge as a gift to learn from. If a similar challenge occurs in the future, they can resolve it effectively. Challenges can also spark your creativity and enable you to see new ways to accomplish your goals.
13. Pay attention to the details. Skipping important details can cost both time and money. When you pay attention to the details, you’ll be more accurate and efficient with your time and money.
14. Take risks. Living inside your comfort zone and playing it safe can lead to you missing opportunities in life. When you live outside your comfort zone, you’ll be able to take calculated risks that may end up being incredibly rewarding.
Each one of these items is a success habit that you can build. It starts out as a choice that you make each day, and soon these choices become automatic habits. It just takes practice! Enjoy!